Posted by Simon at 15:50 on 15 Nov 2016
The latest version of the Curricula (August 2016) is available on RCPsych and GMC websites and is live on Portfolio Online.
This update comprises of moderate changes, specifically related to the numbering of ILO’s, and is not an extensive or deliberate content re-write. As such it impacts immediately, new and current trainees alike. Going forward the online supervisor forms will soon be dynamically generated, based on the curriculum, and will be rolled-out as part of the next update.
For further information, feel free to contact Dee Noonan
Posted by Simon at 12:00 on 21 Sep 2016
We recently made an update to the system that adds support for “Revalidation Officer” access. This is a school based role, that lets a person view all of the ARCP documents for trainees in the specified school.
If there is someone in your school that needs this access then drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get this setup.
(NB: Originally we had called these ‘Revalidation Managers’ but have subsequently updated the name of this role.)
Posted by Simon at 14:40 on 25 Aug 2016
- during setup do not default “Please confirm your status” question
- clarification of wording on ‘Archive Portfolio’ panel
- minor formatting changes for 2016 curricula
Posted by Simon at 11:29 on 12 Aug 2016
A new release of PortfolioOnline has been in development for some time now. The beta version is available at https://beta.portfolioonline.co.uk so that you can preview the changes.
This version brings improvements to the searching/filtering of your portfolio, as well as improvements to the general navigation that should make it easier to move around your portfolio.
One of the most significant enhancements is being able to filter your curriculum coverage, allowing you to see it by training level and/or ARCP period.
NB: The beta version is connected to your real portfolio, so that you can see exactly how it will look. You can access it using the same login details and any activity on the beta version will be reflected on the current version. At this time we would recommend continuing to use the current version for Mini-PAT, WPBAs and Supervisor Reports.
We are working hard to make this release available as soon as possible. As this is a beta version you may find that some things are not working as expected. Our servers log all activity and collect information about any errors allowing us to track them down and fix them. Using the system and getting ‘something went wrong’ is of great help and would be very much appreciated.
If you would like to go one step further, then we would also be interested to hear any feedback you might have, in particular if you find that anything is not working correctly, or if there is something that you think is missing. Or even if it’s just to let us know that you like it! Please email us at email@example.com and mention that you are testing the beta version.
Posted by Simon at 09:19 on 20 Jul 2016
- revise completed ARCP’s and retain audit trail
- warning for trainee on ARCP outcome form activity when revision of form is underway
- updated form revisions screen to include data about the revision within the body of the form
- issue that prevented some types of supervision forms from printing
- issue that caused only first page of multi page forms to print
- form revision history sometimes showing incorrect date time for updates
- issue where dynamically updating forms would not reinitialise some parts of the dynamic functionality after initial update
- issue preventing signing off an ARCP outcome form for a second time that has been revised after signing of previously
- issue where date not showing on new activities
Posted by Simon at 21:37 on 10 Jun 2016
- warning when selecting no trainees trying to schedule multiple ARCPs
- add programme management panel to dashboard for programme admins
- programme switcher
- exams import
- candidate numbers import
- show the name of the person who submitted a form on the pdf version of the form
- show the date/time of form submisson on the pdf version of a form
- allow tagging/categorisation of WPBAs
- provide a means of labelling WPBAs to differentiate them
- issue where attempting to edit competnecy mappings would sometimes cause an error
- a rare issue with redirects on multi page form
- a rare issue where creating an assessment might generate an error if a previous attempt had been invalid
- issue where releasing feedback would sometimes not remove the outstanding task from a supervisor’s dashboard
- issue which was causing the ARCP outcome 6 motification to fail to send
- issue where attempting to edit competnecy mappings would sometimes cause an error
- fix a rare issue with redirects on multi page form
- fix a rare issue where creating an assessment might generate an error if a previous attempt had been invalid
- issue where importing files would sometimes display the incorrect status
- issue where trainees wwere not displaying on DA dashboard
- issue where archived PDPs were not displaying
- prevent setup wizard from sometimes being triggered when merging accounts
- prevent invalidation of password sometimes being triggered when merging accounts
- scope trainees, ARCP overview pages by programme
- merge file import moved to dashboard
- general improvements to import functions
- in progress mini-pat box on profile now includes ‘not released’
- improvements to user search: partial email matches, more weight to GMC and rcpsych membership number
- general improvements to the layout of the assessments/activities tables
Posted by Simon at 18:55 on 18 May 2016
- automatically email college when outcome 6 is awarded
- additional form validation logic for multiple field checkboxes and field comparison
- generate cohort means for mini-pat scoped by school and level, and allow selection of cohort when viewing feedback
- filter programme specific attributes from portfolio edit screen (GMC TPAN,NTN/DRN and CCT_DATE)
- issue causing an error during the account setup procedure
- error when viewing individual trust details
- issue where a DA could not create an outcome form if they were also registered as an ARCP reviewer
- issue where an activity that had its related object deleted would cause the activities index to raise an error
- error when viewing a trainee relationship record
- issue where using back/forward or opening multiple windows could interreupt creation of new form and cause it to fail
- error when trying to view dashboard with a scheduled ARCP after portfolio has been archived
- issue where excessive tagging could lead to innacurate counts being displayed
- dispaly issue where arcp outcome was showing as a code instead of human readable text on reviewer dashboard
- issue where a new specialty trainign form could not be created
- issue preventing some specialty training forms from displaying due to a change in data format
- error when viewing certain folder contents
- issue where ARCP’s completed using an older outcome form proforma were incorrectly reporting their status as scheduled
- fixed a typo on the ARCP scheduled message
- issue where supervisors name would sometimes show instead of trainees name on L2 report
- issue where generating collated feedback would adversely affect database performance
- issue where a supervisor could not register a new account using a supervisor nomination link
- issue causing expired mini-pat requests to appear as an outstandng task on the dashboard
- allow assessment tools to be deprecated
- allow scheduling of revisions to proforma templates
- make ‘New Followup’ dropdowns consistent
- updated ARCP outcome form to latest revision
Posted by Simon at 11:00 on 11 Apr 2016
- credentialing pilot programme
- race condition that could cause assessments to remain in the index after being destroyed, affecting assessment totals
- error when recently viewed items tried to display a private form
- error when viewing supervisor relationship
- error when editing user profile with no role specified
- prevent more than one MSF being created at the same time
- error when searching for a user
- typo on edit activity screen
- issue where permissions to finish a role/relationship were not being correctly checked
Posted by Simon at 11:35 on 18 Mar 2016
- filtering by school/specialties on programme overview
- category filter now displays all categories even if there are no activities assigned
- automatic categorisation of some evidence types (eg Career Entry => Mandatory)
- inline help and guidance on category and tag inputs, with links to knowledge base
- issue where pdp coverage would sometimes not update correctly after mapping evidence to a pdp
- issue where trusts were not displaying correctly on career entries
- category filter now orders category in correct numerical order
- issue preventing removal of reviewers from panels
- ARCP status codes revised
- updated categaries to match the methods of teaching and learning in the curricula
- improved layout of ARCP notifcation to remove duplicate infromation
- automaticall order folders/posts by descending date on notification and ARCP view
- improved the titles on the recently viewed item links
- added the MSF deadline to the subject line in reminder emails
Posted by Simon at 17:59 on 18 Feb 2016
The latest update includes some changes to the language that is used in the system when talking about the people who make up arcp panels.
There are two discreet concepts to be aware of when using Portfolio Online to do ARCP.
- There is a designated pool of people for a given school that have permissions that allow them to take part in ARCP
- It is possible to assign people from this pool to a given ARCP date (or panel)
Previously we referred to these people as “Panel Members”. This is confusing because it implies that these people are on an ARCP panel, when in fact they only have the potential to be assigned to a panel.
A better description of the pool of people would be ‘ARCP Reviewers’ – and this is how the system now refers to them.
It also helps to make it clearer when we say that ARCP Reviewers have access to Trainee Portfolio’s during the two week window up to and including the review date. What this means is that all arcp reviewers have access, regardless of whether they are assigned to the panel.
This is an important change to how the system used to work prior to August 2014. In the old system access to the portfolio was dependant upon the Reviewers being assigned to a panel. Our experience was that sometimes panel members may not have been assigned correctly, and that this would cause issues with those panel members not having the correct access to trainee portfolios, which in turn would hamper the ARCP online process.
The consequence of this is that Deanery Administrators should ensure that the list of ARCP Reviewers is kept up to date. If an ARCP reviewer is no longer needed then you should press the ‘end’ button to cease access. In this fashion you will build a historical record of ARCP Reviewers.
This leads to the question of why it is still possible to assign reviewers to a given date? The answer to this, lies in the outcome form. When the outcome form is generated, one of the questions asks you to specify which panel members took part. To avoid having to type this information each time, the system allows you to select from a pre-generated list of ARCP Reviewers. This list corresponds to the list of ARCP Reviewers that have been previously assigned to the date.
We have updated the various screens where we refer to panel members, to now refer to ARCP reviewers. Functionality has not changed but this change in language should make it clearer what is happening. There are still a couple of place where we refer to panel members, but these should only be where we are specifically referring to that person in the context of them having been assigned to a panel for a specific arcp/date.